As the company in charge of marketing Mel Gibson’s The Passion of the Christ, Motive Entertainment designed and executed one of the most successful marketing campaigns in Hollywood history. Earning $125 million in its first five days (the highest box office gross ever for a five-day period starting on a Wednesday), with a relatively small marketing budget, The Passion shattered all expectations, and earned over $600 million worldwide at the box office.
Motive’s strategy for The Passion was based on a unique system of highly effective marketing “formulas” that connect with consumers at a deeper, cause-based level, an approach which the company calls "motive marketing".
Motive can help you develop, market, and distribute your film (or other product or service) - whether it's an independent endeavor or a big company release - for maximum success, using targeted strategies to niche audiences.
Our Services Include:
- Business & marketing plans based on Motive’s blueprints
- Packaging of cast, crew and financing
- Partnerships and licensing of ancillary products
- Assistance in distribution or self-distribution
- Personal contacts with key leaders and gatekeepers, groups and organizations, churches and denominations, schools and colleges
- Mobilization of street teams for on-the-ground promotions
- Movie theater relations for 4-walling, group sales, and displays
- Telemarketing, eblasts, direct mail and direct response
- Screenings for media, groups, leaders and consumers
- Staged events for product launch and promotions
- Database of 2,000+ conferences for booths, trailers, materials, promotions
- Radio Promotions through 2,000+ radio stations nationwide
- Web Promotions to thousands of web sites
- Sweepstakes – online and retail
- Print – creation, printing, and fulfillment of flyers, posters, guides, etc.
- Video – creation of resource DVDs, trailers, screeners, EPKs
- Chotchkies - T-shirts, stickers, mugs, calendars, hats, toys, etc.
- Communications - 800 #s, email blasts, fax blasts
- Press Kits, press releases, production notes, trailers, stills
- Personal contacts at 3,000+ mainstream, faith, and niche media outlets
- Advertising – print, radio, TV and web ads, infomercials
- Resource websites
- Social networking, viral buzz
- Online press room, Screening RSVP system and E-vite system
Our Channels of Influence:
Tens of millions of niche-market consumers, including:
- 350,000 churches and pastors, 200,000 educators, 100,000 youth leaders, and 130 million weekly church attendees, and thousands of organizations in the enormous, underserved “faith market”.
- Millions of youth, teens, and adult volunteers in youth and family organizations like Boy/Girl Scouts, Boys/Girls Clubs, Big Brothers/Big Sisters, 4-H, and YMCA
- Millions of youth participants and adult volunteers in sports organizations (AYSO, Little League, football, tennis, and other sports)
- Millions of students and teachers in schools, colleges, universities and educational associations
- Leaders, influencers, and organizations based in other target markets and communities, including: Hispanic, African American, Political, Senior Citizen, Military, Online/Social Networking,
- Relationships with all major film studios and most independent studios, as well as contacts throughout the entertainment industry dealing in finance, development, talent, crew, production, marketing and distribution.